Today in west Knoxville Parkwest Medical Center broke ground on a $99 million expansion and renovation project.
Hospital leaders have been working with architects and construction professionals on a facility renovation and expansion plan to accommodate both patient care improvements and growth on Parkwest’s main campus. Parkwest is a member hospital of Covenant Health.
Highlights of the project include:
- A new patient care tower with modern, spacious rooms to better serve the hospital’s inpatients and observation patients within specialized units.
- The addition of needed operating rooms and an expansion of surgical support space within the existing main surgery area of the hospital.
- A dedicated entrance for surgical patients.
- The creation of a clinical observation unit within the existing Montvue Tower that will help Parkwest staff and physicians better serve medical and surgical observation patients who do not need to be admitted as inpatients.
- Relocation of the helipad closer to the Emergency Care Center. The new location of the helipad will allow even quicker access for Covenant Health patients across the region who are airlifted to Parkwest for emergency medical attention.
The renovated medical center will have a campus-like design, with added street-level parking available for guests. Anticipated completion of the two main phases of the project is expected in June 2019 and January 2020.
The rendering below shows the new tower and surgery entrance, with additional ground-level parking adjacent to the existing Montvue Tower.
Below: Renderings of lobby area of new patient tower.
Below: Rendering of modern, spacious patient rooms in new tower.
About Parkwest Medical Center
Parkwest is West Knoxville’s premier medical facility. In addition to providing the area’s leading cardiac services, Parkwest has a nationally recognized emergency department and offers award-winning care in orthopedics, neurosurgery and obstetrics. For more information visit www.TreatedWell.com.