Things to Do the Day Before Surgery
- Do not eat any food or drink after midnight, unless otherwise indicated by your physician or pre-admission testing nurse.
- Do not drink alcohol the day or night before your surgery
- If you have any new prescriptions, make sure to pick the medications up from the pharmacy
- Pack your hospital bag
- Shower with CHG soap the night before and morning of surgery
- Drink 8 oz. of electrolytes tonight, as instructed. If you were given a pre-surgery drink in pre-admission testing — drink this tonight also, as instructed. (Not every patient will have this.)
- Try to relax and get a good night’s rest.