Parkwest Joint Replacement Center
The Parkwest Joint Replacement Center is a specifically designed program for total knee and total hip replacement patients. Patients become a part of their medical care team by being involved in education about their procedure from before their surgery is scheduled to going home from the hospital. A special joint replacement class teaches patients everything they need to help manage expectations about their hospital experience and stay. Joint replacement patients who understand what to expect during the surgical and rehabilitation process have better outcomes.
Patients are encouraged to have a coach by their side. Your Joint Coach can be either a family member or friend. Family involvement and active participation by patients is encouraged in pre-surgical education and post-op recovery. Read this important information about choosing your Joint Coach.
Getting Ready for your Surgery
Planning and being prepared will lower your stress and help you focus your attention on your recovery. Once your surgeon has scheduled your joint replacement procedure, this information will help you get ready for your surgery and your upcoming stay at Parkwest Medical Center.
- Things to Do 8-10 Weeks Before Your Surgery
- Things to Do 4 Weeks Before Your Surgery
- Things to Do 2 Weeks Before Your Surgery
- Things to Do 1 Week Before Your Surgery
- Things to Do the Day Before Your Surgery
- What to Know on the Day of Surgery
Recent Patient Success Stories
- Suzanne Blocker: Alabama Woman Receives Remarkable Care at Parkwest Medical Center
- Edye Flora: Accept No Substitutes: Cosby Woman Finds Excellent Care Close to Home
- Wade Wilburn & Donna Foster: “Joint” Surgery for Powerful Pair
- Clifford Johnson, MD: Active Physician Chooses Parkwest for Joint Replacement Surgeries